Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Batmobile Sold On Ebay

http://www.t3.com/

We're gonna need a bigger driveway
It's powered by a Chevrolet 350 motor and there are no doors

Burton's Batman car for sale

Dunna-dunna-dunna-dunna eBayyyyyyyyy

Yeah so your shiny new Audi is pretty cool, but does it really turn heads as you cruise down the street, vying for attention against souped up Corsas with spoilers the size of Denmark and more fluorescent lights than a Shanghai strip club? In a word, no. What you need is the Batmobile.

Handily, that's exactly what you can get, as one of the original five motors used in the Keaton versus Jackson gothic classic directed by Tim Burton has gone on sale on eBay. This is Batmobile number five of five made, and featured in the first Batman movie. Originally owned by Warner Bros, any new owner will have to sign a contract and "some other legal items" regarding the car, which is a whopping 20 feet long and eight feet wide. Parallel parking should be fun then.

It's powered by a Chevrolet 350 motor and there are no doors - only the sliding canopy as seen in the movie. Cool.

We would look into the claimed 54 miles on the clock (check the clutch pedals, it could have been 'round the clock' once), but then it's hardly a motor for the school run.

Hit the link to eBay if you're interested, but prep the wallet first - the starting bid is a joker-tastic $500,000, with a 20% deposit due within 48 hours of the sale.

Public Enemies Is Currently Filming In Madison, Wisconsin.


From http://www.northernstar.info

NIU student cast as extra in upcoming Depp flick
By JEN HANCE

Northern Star had the opportunity to sit down with Kaitlin Zordan, a senior biology major who was cast as an extra for the Chicago-filmed “Public Enemies,” starring Johnny Depp, Christian Bale and Channing Tatum. The film is set for release in July 2009.

Northern Star: How did you hear about the casting call?
Kaitlin Zordan: My roommate’s mom told us about it about a month ago. She said that they were looking for extras for a new Johnny Depp movie being filmed in Chicago, and I was in!

NS: What was the audition process like?
KZ: Well, we had to wear a black dress and pumps. After the long wait, it only took about 10 minutes. We took a head shot and filled out an application with weird questions about our hobbies and things. One of the questions even had fire eating as an example.

NS: Were there any strange requirements?
KZ: Not really. I mean. the only requirements were that we be shorter than 5’9" and under a size 10 dress. Oh, and you have to be able to cut your hair.

NS: Really? Does that worry you? What if they shave your head?
KZ: If that is the price to pay to meet Johnny, I’ll do it! I’d do anything to meet him, even if I look like a boy in my graduation cap ... it would be totally worth it.

NS: What is the movie about and what scene are you in?
KZ: “Public Enemies” is set back in the 1930s during the prohibition time period. It is about the gangster John Dillinger. I’m in the ballroom scene and the biographer’s scene. I think I got my part because of my dance experience growing up, but tap, jazz and ballet are not exactly ballroom. They say that the ballroom scene is important, so I just hope that it is one that Johnny is in.

NS: How long will you be on the set?
KZ: I will be there one day for rehearsal, one day for costumes and three days of filming.

NS: Will you be paid?
KZ: Yeah, we get $65 for eight hours, and then time-and-a-half after that. I don’t really care if I get paid or not. I’ve never been around a movie set or anything, so this is a really cool experience for me.

NS: Have you had to sign anything swearing you to secrecy about the film?
KZ: Not yet, I really don’t know anything about it, but I will probably find out more when I go in around May 23.

Johnny Depp is Nominated For Best Villian (Sweeney) And Best Comedic Performance (Pirates Of The Caribbean) on the upcoming MTV Awards.



No comments:

Post a Comment