Friday, August 17, 2007

Helena and Johnny talk Sweeney

here's some quotes about Sweeney from the stars, just thought you may be interested.

Johnny:"Tim took a risk when he asked me to play Sweeney Todd because neither he nor I knew if I could sing when I accepted it," says Depp.
"I went into the recording studio with a friend of mine to see if I could do it. My singing's not unlike the mating call of a rutting stag. It's a strange sound, but I haven't been fired yet.". . . ‘

Helena:''I do love musicals - I'm a real musical-whore, you know. This is like a dream come true for me." So says Helena Bonham Carter, taking a seat in the brilliant sunshine outside a Hampstead restaurant, her words delivered in one of the briskest and most instantly recognisable upper-class accents in Britain .

Typically for the actress, her screen roles this year vary wildly, ranging from a dissatisfied thirtysomething wife to a sorceress. But what's exciting her this very second is the film she's been shooting with her longstanding director boyfriend Tim Burton. It's a new adaptation of Sondheim's Sweeney Todd that sees her tackle the role of Mrs Lovett, evil pie-maker and landlady to the Demon Barber, played by Johnny Depp.

"Tim hates musicals," she says, guffawing. "But he's always loved Sweeney Todd. And I've loved it since I was 11. I've always wanted to be Mrs Lovett." '


1 comment:

  1. I think Helena performance will be great, as usual and it will be interesting to see her singing in this musical. Her solo in Corpse Bride was so cute. Here is a link of a caricature of Helena.

    ReplyDelete