Saturday, July 4, 2009

Tim Burton+Johnny Depp=Brilliance

Johnny Depp has been talking about his upcoming projects with Tim Burton (and Helena, of course!) He had this to say about his character the Mad Hatter in Alice in Wonderland:
“Well, certainly the book. The book has a basis for everything. There are little mysteries, little clues in the book that I found fascinating, that were keys to at least my understanding of the Mad Hatter, like him saying, ‘I’m investigating things that begin with the letter M.’ That was huge for me, because when you do a little digging, you realize you’re talking about a hatter, a man who made hats, and you go back and look at some of the history. ‘Hatters’ — there’s the term that this guy or that guy is ‘mad as a hatter.’ There was reason for that, and the reason for that was mercury poisoning. They got mercury poisoning because there was mercury in the glue. So they start to go a little sideways. (laughs) So I found out what the ‘M’ was and why they went nuts. So that became a huge thing.”

He also had this to say about their adaption of the TV series, Dark Shadows:
“I loved the show when I was a kid. I was obsessed with Barnabas Collins, and I have like photographs of me holding Barnabas Collins posters when I was five or six or something. (laughs) I’m very excited to do it.”
He also says that the movie "is happening". :D

No comments:

Post a Comment