Thursday, August 6, 2009

Johnny Depp Quits Quixote and more Wonderland

Johnny Depp has walked away from a movie about Don Quixote because filming was delayed for a decade, due to weather bashed sets and a lack of financial ability to fix them.
Johnny said: "
I wanted to shoot Don Quixote next spring. He said he's not available and we have both agreed that I'm going to die soon, so it would be nice to get this film under my belt."

Http://www.screenindia.com interviewed Tim Burton about his Alice in Wonderland among which are these questions:

Can you explain your vision for Alice In Wonderland?
No, because I still have a lot to do. (Laughs) I mean, we’re trying to make a movie. I just take versions and...because it’s kind of like comic material, although I don’t know if I’ve ever seen a movie that I’ve really liked based on it because it’s always kind of been a series of weird events. Everybody’s crazy and it’s sort of a passive little girl wandering around from episode-to-episode. So even though the books and the stories are iconic, I’ve never felt that there was a film that really kind of made it a film, translated from the story to a film. So that’s the attempt.

What does Johnny Depp bring to the Mad Hatter?
He likes dressing up. I think with the Alice In Wonderland characters, they’ve often been portrayed as just crazy without much subtext and I think he tried to bring something, an underlying human quality to the craziness. He tried to understand it a bit more...We try to give each character their own particular craziness. And he’s good at sort of exploring that, I guess because he’s crazy. I don’t know.

What is your relationship like with Depp?
We seem to get along well and I’ve worked with him many times. It’s always exciting to see what he brings to something. And it’s fun to work with him because it’s like it’s always something different and new and it’s just fun to see. That always is exciting to me.

Read the rest of the interview here.

No comments:

Post a Comment