Monday, August 17, 2009

The Scientist Continues with his Creations:

From the 9 Scientist's Facebook page:

Sleep is a luxury I never appreciated until it slipped through my fingers. The skies of day and night blur together like hazy orange and purple paints. In the early hours of the morning (or is it the fleeting minutes of night?), I have created 2.

He is different from 1. He, like 1, leapt from my hand the moment I removed him from the Transfer Device. But whereas 1 didn’t look back, 2 showed a level of concern for me almost immediately.

He carefully made his way across the floor, touching everything in the room as if to better physically acquaint himself with this new world.

And then he did something none of my creations have ever done. He smiled.

Right now he’s in the farthest corner of the room, on the ground, just building a simple pile of scraps. I am glad he is keeping himself busy, as my work is not nearly done. It will be hard to let him go.

I need to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment