Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Tim Talks About 9

The Epoch Times talked to Tim Burton about 9, which you can read it in it's entirety here.

“What do I want when I make a movie, what is helpful to me … so we both, Timur [Bekmambetov, co-producer] and I, tried to offer Shane that sort of support. You know I suggested the screenwriter whom I work with, and so I knew that’d be a good mix of people like Danny [Elfman, the film's composer] and wherever I could give anything.”

“The thing that intrigued me about [9] was, you see a lot of personal films, you rarely see the slightly personalized animated films … and that’s what I liked about it. And we’ve all seen post-apocalyptic imagery a million times. But again, I was surprised at how the kind of poetry to this and the sort of quietness and the kind of things between the lines to this that I really enjoyed—the style of animation, the performances going for a more naturalistic [feel]. It just felt like it was in new category in terms of animation.”

No comments:

Post a Comment