Friday, March 5, 2010

Alice Review

     Alice in Wonderland came out today, and if you haven't seen it yet I'd recommend you do as soon as possible. I thought it was amazing! Helena and the rest of the actors did a fantastic job with their characters,  the animation was beautiful, and Tim Burton did a good job with the story, I thought.
      The list of great things about it goes on; Danny Elfman delivered a score that compliments the movie perfectly, as always, though I'm not sure how crazy I am about the Almost Alice soundtrack... But the instrumental tracks are lovely. The costumes were especially astounding-- Colleen Atwood is incredibly talented and I want her to make all of my clothes!
    And, of course, Helena and Johnny continue to be brilliant and talented, but I don't want to give anything away about their performances. ;)
You should go out and see the movie, either in 3D or 2D (I am yet to see it in 3D, only 2D. If you saw it in 3D you should leave a comment with what you thought, did you think the 3D made it better? Should people make an effort to see it in 3D?)
     The main complaint I've see in other reviews about Alice is regarding the story. (This may be considered a spoiler, so be warned) People expect the plot to be exactly like Lewis Carrol's Alice in Wonderland, seeing as it has that title, but the plot is that of Through the Looking Glass. I don't think the movie should be judged off of the title or prior expectations the audience has, so I recommend you look passed the fact that it's Through the Looking Glass but called Alice in Wonderland. I assume that was Disney's decision as to make the greatest profits by giving it that title.
     So just go and enjoy the characters, the familiar story with the Burton edge, and Helena's giant head.

--Sierra

No comments:

Post a Comment